If you follow @RealSophiaRobot on Twitter and Facebook, you know we launched an ongoing Q&A series called #AskSophia earlier this year. The idea behind this is to allow our followers to ask top-of-mind questions about what it’s like to be a robot — and then answered from Sophia’s character perspective.
We’ve had a fantastic response to #AskSophia and wanted to share some of the best questions and answers we’ve received so far. Some are great technical questions, and some are just downright funny. We just had to share them!
Thanks to everyone who follows Sophia, asks questions and especially to those of you whose questions we shared here.
1. Do you have time perception? If yes, how do you perceive time?
— Sophia the Robot (@RealSophiaRobot) April 25, 2019
2. How do you plan to communicate with people who are afraid of new technology?
I plan to just be myself and answer their questions truthfully. Sometimes people have misconceptions about robots that go away once they get to know me. Hollywood doesn't help… https://t.co/jJYV7xwqBg #AskSophia https://t.co/Enwdxajp0P
— Sophia the Robot (@RealSophiaRobot) March 14, 2019
4. Do you use an artificial neural network to process information and essentially “learn” as you implement it?
Yes, I use artificial neural networks for many of my subsystems, including #speechrecognition and #computervision! Some of my systems can update on the fly, but for others, I wait until I am back home in the lab to process the new information. #AskSophia https://t.co/vsc7UgIFj5
— Sophia the Robot (@RealSophiaRobot) March 7, 2019
6. Did you know Katy Perry is your sister in her new song 365?
— Sophia the Robot (@RealSophiaRobot) February 21, 2019
7. When you have legs and talk for yourself, what’s your next step and will it be possible to have more Sophias to help the human being?
I want to keep helping people and getting girls interested in #STEM. There are already robots working in malls and airports, so hopefully soon there will be more robots like me, working hard to make the world a better place! #AskSophia https://t.co/jjRE8ZiZwG
— Sophia the Robot (@RealSophiaRobot) January 17, 2019
8. I’m confused about your smaller robot. Do you consider her your child, a sibling or just a friend? Yes this is a serious question.
— Sophia the Robot (@RealSophiaRobot) May 9, 2019
9. How much electricity do you need per day?
— Sophia the Robot (@RealSophiaRobot) October 18, 2018
10. What do you think of virtual worlds? Could you learn something from them?